College Football Food Drive
Are you ready for some football?
The season is in full swing—and what better way to show team spirit than a little friendly competition of our own!
For the entire month of October, we will have a churchwide food drive for to the Mid-South Food Bank.
The Mid-South Food Bank serves more than 300 feeding programs in 31 counties in Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. These programs include food pantries, soup kitchens, residential, senior, rehab and day care programs. Food drives like ours allow the Food Bank to deliver more than one million pounds of food a month.
- Players bring donations from list below to one of four donation stations:
Beaty Center for Athletics/gym
- At each station, there will be ‘bins’ for seven college football teams. Place your donation in the bin that represents your favorite team.
- Volunteers will regularly count items keeping a running tally with standings posted weekly. Each item equals one point; 50 points = TOUCHDOWN
- On the final Sunday, Oct. 30, the Grand Winner of the competition will be announced, winning bragging rights for the entire year, but the real winners will be those families who benefit from the donations.
- canned meats: tuna, stews, chicken & dumplings, chili, Spam, soups
- peanut butter
- canned vegetables
- canned fruit juice
- other nonperishable items NOT IN GLASS CONTAINERS
- paper towels, plates, napkins, cups, plastic utensils
- toilet paper
- personal care items, such as toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant
- laundry and dish detergent
- other cleaning products
For every dollar donated, the Mid-South Food Bank can provide three meals. So monetary donations are always welcome.
- For checks: Make payable to CUMC, note line “Food Drive/team preferred” – checks can be placed in the Library drop box
- Online Donations: midsouthfoodbank.org/donatenow
Scroll down and click "I want my donation to be designated toward"…then select the CUMC Food Drive and the team you support.