Nursery/PDO Assistant | Christ Church Memphis
Status: Part-time, 15-20 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Nursery/PDO
Summary: Assist the Director of Nursery/PDO in the daily operations of the church nursery, PDO program and special ministry events, as well as substituting for the Director as needed.
Church size: membership 5,000+
Email resume and references to Nursery@ChristChurchMemphis.org
The mission of Christ Church Memphis is to glorify God as we make, mature and mobilize disciples by loving Jesus and loving like Jesus in the world. We are guided by our Five Values: Worship (Glorifying God in all things), Care (Doing life together), Share (Practicing generosity), Grow (Making disciples who make disciples), Serve (Being the hands and feet of Jesus).
Christ Church is a leading voice in the orthodox movement within the United Methodist Church. Founded 60 years ago, the church has always had a heart for the city and missions. It's a central part of the church's DNA and what others in the city and denomination reference when people ask about the church.
Christ Church is currently led by Senior Pastor Shane Stanford, who has served for five years. Shane's unique story, contracting HIV through a blood transfusion as a teenager, has shaped his life and this congregation. With more than 700,000 people in the area disconnected to Jesus and a local church, the mission field is vast, and Christ Church believes that by developing families on mission, we will participate with God in reaching these individuals.
Recently we were highlighted as one of the top 25 fastest-growing Methodist churches in the country.
These duties are to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensure the nursery/PDO area is a safe and fun place for children to learn; treating each child with dignity and respect, utilizing Protect My Ministry child safety training and all state, federal and local child care laws.
- Assist Director in managing nursery staff and volunteers.
- Effectively communicate with daily interaction with children, parents and church staff.
- Receive tuition payments and deposits to the business office.
- Working with the Director, coordinate all publicity, communications, flyers, banners, bulletin information, etc. for the program with the Communications department.
- Scheduling of weekly Sunday school volunteers and maintaining a positive relationship with each volunteer throughout the year.
- Inventory, order, maintain Nursery/PDO equipment and resources.
- Maintain up-to-date PDO records for all children enrolled; give feedback to parents on individual child’s development and progress. These records will also be used for individual attendance and planning.
- Be available to supervise children and create lesson plans for the day as needed or assigned by the Director.
- Develop an evaluation tool(s) to determine strengths or weaknesses of the program and help identify areas of improvement and or enhancement.
- Set up registrations (online) for events utilizing Fellowship 1; reserve and coordinate meeting spaces and any needed support services (room set-up, audio/visual/tech requirements, food services) utilizing Event U. Responsible to follow through with each of the support ministries involved in the event from beginning to end.
- Be a strong but compassionate leader and teacher with the ability to lead and direct a large diverse group of children.