One of the unique characteristics of Christ Church is the diversity of generations. We are thankful for the numerous members who have faithfully served the church for 25-55 years. We honor and empower each senior adult as he or she continues to invest in the Kingdom and Christ Church.
For more information about the Senior Adult Ministry, contact Libby Shackelford,
Senior Adult Banquet
Dinner and Program to Recognize Seniors and Honor Charter Members
Tuesday, June 12 | 6 p.m. | Seabrook Hall
Co-chairs Paula Carter and Kay Stroupe are pleased to announce that Christ Church’s sixth annual Senior Banquet will feature Susan Holloway, lyrical violinist, and her band. Tickets are $15 per person. You may register online, at the registration tables set up outside the Sanctuary and Seabrook on Sundays, May 20 and 27 or complete one of the reservation cards available at the Seabrook welcome desk. Registration deadline is May 27.
Caleb's Calling is a quarterly newsletter whose mission is to encourage all senior adults to have a different spirit, following the Lord fully at any age.
- Read our November 2017 issue
- Read our September 2017 issue
- Read our Spring 2017 issue
- Read our Winter 2017 issue
- Read our Fall 2016 issue
- Read our Spring 2016 issue
- Read our Winter 2016 issue
- Read our Fall 2015 issue
Senior Sunday School Classes
- Amazing Grace, single/married, all ages, Dunnam 335, led by Jim Duncan
- Christian Voice, single/married, 40s-70s, Wilson/Ross 403-404, led by Tom Dixon, Daniel Dover & Debbie Mitchell
- Genesis, single/married, 30s-50s, Wilson/Ross 204, led by Boyd Rhodes
- Kingswood, single/married, 60s-70s, Wilson/Ross 207, led by various teachers
- Lamplighters, single/married, 50s-70s, Wilson/Ross 415-416, led by Jim Eoff
- Logos, single/married, 50s-60s, Wilson/Ross 414, led by Tom Dyer
- Positive Christian Singles, single, 50+, Wilson/Ross 405-406, led by Anola Yee & Dr. Mack Land
- Seekers, single/married, 40s-60s, Wilson/Ross 407-408, led by Hank Shelton & Bill West
- Grace Awakening, single/married, 50+, Dunnam 337, led by various teachers
- Timothy, single/married, all ages, Wilson/Ross 407-408, led by Don Bourland
SALT: Seasoned Adults Learning Together
Senior Adult Luncheon Series
Monthly programs, featuring local authors, elected and appointed municipal officials and CEOs from both corporate and non-profit sectors, focus on informational topics. Programs are the third Thursday of each month at 11 a.m. in Seabrook Hall, with optional lunch to follow at Noon. | Details
Sheahan's Senior Safaris (S3)
Senior Adult Trips
These trips feature day excursions to local and out-of-town locations. Programs offer opportunities for fellowship and learning as seniors travel to places of interest. 2018 trips will be in January, February, April, July, October and December. | Details
The Independent Transportation Network
Dignified Transportation for Senior Adults
Christ Church was the pilot church in Memphis for this nonprofit ministry in 2014.
iTNMemphis is an affiliate of iTNAmerica, the nation’s first and only independent transportation network for seniors age 60 and up and for adults with visual impairments. iTNMemphis provides door-through-door, arm-through-arm transportation that is designed to feel like riding with a friend. Service is membership-based and available 24/7 for any purpose.
iTNMemphis currently offers rides that originate within the 240 Loop but hopes to expand as more volunteer drivers are available.
Christ Church's iTN chair is Al Hartman. For information on becoming a driver, click here.